In our previous blog post entitled Green Season, we wrote about advantages of traveling in Guanacaste during the “Low” or “Green Season”. They’re pretty simple:
1. It’s super GREEN because of the rain! The blanket of broccoli on the hillsides that cascades down to the Pacific Ocean is magnificent!
2. Prices are lower! (For example: See our 50% off discount available until October 31, 2012!)
3. No crowds! You won’t wait in line for anything – except, maybe the ATM – international rules dictate that there must be a line at the ATM – always. Just sayin’.
4. Fantastic rainbows and sunsets!
5. The Ocean water temperature is a “chilly” 84 degrees F (~29 degrees C)!
6. Life is “pura vida” (which carries over into the Dry Season too! Pura vida!).
We’re now entering the wettest, greenest, least crowded and least expensive time of year here in Guanacaste (Sept. – Oct.). That’s great news for off-season travelers who want to experience the beauty, serenity, peacefulness, grandeur and solitude that this part of the country has to offer. For those who want to throw their cell phone away and immerse themselves in “the real Costa Rica”, there is no time like the present!
Are you bookish and want to chill poolside, or in the privacy of your hotel room with that killer novel you’ve been wanting to read forever? Or are you adventurous and dying to 4-wheel through the mud and rivers of the Guanacaste countryside to reach a secluded beach where there’s nothing but you, the person you’re with and the nature that surrounds you? Perhaps you want to scuba dive and experience what Costa Rica has to offer under the surface of the ocean – where, whether it’s raining or not, little matters? And you don’t even need a wet-suit this time of year!
Maybe you like surfing or sportfishing. Getting a charter for either is easy this time of year.
There’s a long list of things you can do – or NOT do – this time of year in Costa Rica. And whatever you do – or NOT do – will cost you about half of what it will in November. So come experience Guanacaste and the Gulf of Papagayo at half the price and with half the people! Your private getaway awaits you!